Boston’s Only Election Eve Rally to be Held in West Roxbury Nov. 5
November 2, 2012
Residents of all political persuasions are encouraged to attend an old-fashioned election eve rally in the heart of West Roxbury’s Ward 20 sponsored by the Harry S Truman Society, Boston City Councilor Matt O’Malley and State Representative Ed Coppinger.
Candidates running for federal, state and county offices have been invited to make their case to the electorate before voters head to the polls on Tuesday morning. Among the candidates expected to attend are Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren (see attached for complete list). Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has not confirmed his participation.
From 1981 until 2006 the Truman Rally was a well-loved neighborhood tradition. The event was considered a vital stop on the campaign trail for candidates because it attracted hundreds of supporters, spectators, and would-be voters. Councilor O’Malley and Representative Coppinger, who grew up attending the rallies, worked with the Truman Society to resurrect the popular event last year.
Confirmed speakers for the Harry S Truman Rally:
- Elizabeth Warren—Democratic candidate for Massachusetts Senate
- Congressman Stephen Lynch
- Treasurer Steven Grossman
- Auditor Suzanne Bump
- Senator Mike Rush – Senator, Suffolk and Norfolk
- Michael Donovan – Clerk of Courts, Civil
- Maura Hennigan – Clerk of Courts, Criminal
- Earl Sholley – Republican candidate for Governor’s Council
- Robert Jubinville – Democratic candidate for Governor’s Council
- Mickey Roache – Register of Deeds
When: Monday, November 5, 2012 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m.
Where: Hastings Street Municipal Parking Lot at the Corner of Hastings and Centre Streets, West Roxbury